Release of Information Solutions
Accurate and compliant disclosure of protected health information (PHI) is not negotiable.
MRO protects clients from improper disclosures by offering robust ROI services built on a foundation of innovation, efficiency, accuracy, quality and compliance. ROI Online® is a cloud-based platform that can be accessed across all points of disclosure within hospitals and physician practices to streamline workflows, standardize operations and implement an enterprise-wide ROI management strategy. HIM professionals achieve better outcomes with MRO’s Best in KLAS services.
These are just some of the reasons KLAS has ranked us the #1 provider of Release of Information services since 2013.
As the volume of medical record requests continues to spike—with multiple points of access and disclosure from electronic medical records (EMRs)—the risk of a serious breach exists.
- Multi-layered quality and compliance checks integrated throughout the release process delivers industry leading accuracy rates of 99.99%
- Employees are put through a rigorous hiring, training and development program that prepares them to deliver outstanding service and compliance throughout the release process
- Dedicated professional implementation team provides seamless onboarding, consistent training and workflow optimization
- Lowest employee turnover rate in the industry—an impressive 25 percentage points lower than other ROI service providers average turnover for the highest service reliability
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) integrations designed to automate the request logging process, eliminate keying errors and securely share documents between systems so compliant requests are delivered in less time
- Consistent interaction and communication between MRO's team of industry experts and clients, resulting in strong and lasting partnerships - in fact greater than 98% of clients are retained
- Cutting-edge technology for breach prevention – IdentiScan® — scans each page of the patient record to identify and prevent as many as 400 comingled records from improperly being released per 100,000 requests processed
- Award-winning patient advocacy program for greater patient satisfaction during release of medical records
Medical Release of Information: Service Model Options
Our flexible and comprehensive service models give you control over enterprise wide disclosure management and compliance. By selecting one or any combination of three models, you can create the ideal workflow: Shared Services, Staffed Services or centralized Remote Services. Each service delivery model leverages MRO’s dynamic technology, unique workflow, highly trained staff and centralized support service to provide an exclusive experience for clients and requesters.
- Shared Services allows your staff to manage the on-site ROI process with control over what PHI is released, while MRO's National Service Center handles billing, collections, quality assurance and requester services functions, as well as record distribution.
- Staffed Services deploys MRO’s highly qualified ROI staff to process and fulfill requests onsite, leveraging MRO's National Service Center and allowing HIM leadership to focus on other critical tasks.
- Remote Services provides logging and release services from our National Service Center. If a healthcare organization is fully electronic, MRO can manage the ROI process end-to-end, remotely. Many clients utilize Remote Services to manage Audits, HEDIS and Risk Adjustment volumes so standard release of information is not disrupted.