Mark Your Calendars: MRO Participates in Educational Session at AHIMA 2012
Don’t miss “An Enterprise-Wide Approach to PHI Disclosure Management in the Age of Compliance,” Weds. 10/3 at 11:15am
MRO will once again exhibit at the annual AHIMA Convention and Exhibit, held this year at the McCormick Place Lakeside Building in Chicago, Sept. 30, 2012 – Oct. 3, 2012. In addition to their display at Exhibit Hall Booth 1033, MRO will also participate in a release-of-information educational session, worth one credit to participants.
Don Hardwick, MRO’s director of compliance and client relations, will present alongside HIM consultant for the Chester County Hospital, Kim Hagerty during the session: “An Enterprise-Wide Approach to PHI Disclosure Management in the Age of Compliance” on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 11:15am. In this session, Hardwick and Hagerty will discuss the value of taking a comprehensive approach to enterprise-wide PHI disclosure management.
- Discover how legislative, administrative, regulatory and compliance changes are driving the need to expand the responsibility for PHI information management beyond the Health Information Management Department.
- Learn how HIM leaders are in the strongest position to spearhead the initiative due to their knowledgebase and core competencies in information management.
- Gain an understanding of how CCHS, a 220-bed nonprofit, community hospital and its eight satellite facilities streamlined policies and procedures, standardized PHI quality control and secured privacy for patient information and other stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Learn how the initiative also reduced the organization’s liability and financial risks and set the stage for successful ongoing information management.
- Discover strategies that will explain the pitfalls to avoid and the proper steps to take in launching successful enterprise-wide PHI disclosure management system.
More details of the session are available on AHIMA’s convention website.
Hardwick also recently authored the white paper “Regulatory changes demand an enterprise-wide approach to disclosure management of PHI” on the same topic. The white paper is available for download on MRO’s website.