Mark Your Calendars: MRO Participates in Educational Session at AHIMA 2012
Don’t miss “An Enterprise-Wide Approach to PHI Disclosure Management in the Age of Compliance,” Weds. 10/3 at 11:15am
Don Hardwick, MRO’s director of compliance and client relations, will present alongside HIM consultant for the Chester County Hospital, Kim Hagerty during the session: “An Enterprise-Wide Approach to PHI Disclosure Management in the Age of Compliance” on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 11:15am. In this session, Hardwick and Hagerty will discuss the value of taking a comprehensive approach to enterprise-wide PHI disclosure management.
- Discover how legislative, administrative, regulatory and compliance changes are driving the need to expand the responsibility for PHI information management beyond the Health Information Management Department.
- Learn how HIM leaders are in the strongest position to spearhead the initiative due to their knowledgebase and core competencies in information management.
- Gain an understanding of how CCHS, a 220-bed nonprofit, community hospital and its eight satellite facilities streamlined policies and procedures, standardized PHI quality control and secured privacy for patient information and other stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Learn how the initiative also reduced the organization’s liability and financial risks and set the stage for successful ongoing information management.
- Discover strategies that will explain the pitfalls to avoid and the proper steps to take in launching successful enterprise-wide PHI disclosure management system.
More details of the session are available on AHIMA’s convention website.
Hardwick also recently authored the white paper “Regulatory changes demand an enterprise-wide approach to disclosure management of PHI” on the same topic. The white paper is available for download on MRO’s website.