Enterprise-Wide Disclosure Management: Closing the Compliance Gap
ENTERPRISE-WIDE DISCLOSURE MANAGEMENT: CLOSING THE COMPLIANCE GAP
1.0 AHIMA CEU
Learn best practices for enterprise-wide PHI disclosure management, from minimizing breaches to responding to incidents.
- The current environment including compliance trends, issues, regulatory updates, and statistics related to healthcare breach. Focus on small versus large breaches.
- Common practices for PHI disclosure across multiple health system departments and physician practices, and the potential risks and liabilities.
- Quality assurance gaps in Release
of Information, including invalid authorizations and comingled patient records.
- Tips for managing PHI disclosure across an enterprise to standardize policies and procedures, ensure consistent policy enforcement and minimize breach.
- Best practices for building incident response plans, including what to do in the first 24 hours following a breach